Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Great Outdoors

We decided to not leave the Merritt Island area...still too much to see.  Traveling just 20 miles north, and closer to Merritt, we pulled into a beautiful resort called The Great Outdoors (TGO).

TGO covers over a thousand acres and is comprised of hundreds of RV lots,  homes with RV garages as well as lakes, pools, restaurants, RV service, parks, trails and two churches.  It is beautiful!  Our RV pad, the least desirable, but still fine,  of all the RV options at TGO, sat on a lake at the end of a quiet street.  We enjoyed the restaurants, pool, nature trails, doggie park but most of all, the people.

All of the people at TGO enjoy the RV lifestyle.  Although the RVs vary from modest to over a million dollars, the common ground of most everyone is to enjoy the outdoors and experience adventure in this wonderful world we live in.  I also think that most everyone we have met has had a desire to never stop learning, whether it be about history, nature, geography, RV mechanics, we all seem to like to learn.

Another wonderful attribute of RVing is that a person must downsize and simplify.  To be unburdened by stuff is very freeing.  I have never been much of a shopper, thus not much stuff.  Once in awhile I'll get a knot in my nightie and shop til I drop, but that's not often.  This lifestyle fits me well.

We met some wonderful new friends that I know we'll keep in touch with.  We laughed allot and felt so lucky to have met such fun people.  We're thinking of going back to TGO for a month next year so we can meet up again.
Beautiful Merritt Island

Wood Storks,  I think.

Island beauties 

Skimmers, eating lunch

Suspicious character at pier

Gator across pond from RV


Gator bait
Our Street


TGO Entrance

New friends, Sandy and Jerry

Great new friends at River Rocks Restaurant - YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment