I love where Ginny, Joe and the grandkids live, Eagle Harbor on Fleming Island. Everything is so close by and it is a beautiful suburb of Jacksonville. The kids are close to their schools and their is a real sense of community.
As usual, Ginny fixed wonderful food for us. She is a terrific cook, and she certainly did not get that talent from me! We slept in the RV, parked across from her house, on a grassy area. In the middle of the night, we thought we were being hit by artillery's fire. It was the sprinkler system hitting the RV and it was loud! Scared the heck out of me.
Ginny and I went shopping for Easter stuff for the grand kids, clothes shopping at our favorite store, The Chocolate Shoe, and stocked up groceries for our trip home.
When Alex came home from school, he was dressed up in dress shirt, tie etc. He looked so handsome! He had to do a presentation of a video and interview done of zoo keepers at the Jacksonville zoo. I hope to get a copy of the video. Since he was little, he's been interested in art and all types of media. He is very talented and an all around great young man, with his head on straight.
Ginny and I went up to the school to pick up Ana and Sophie. Ana is part of the safety patrol and came walking out with a friend, Lindsay. They were giggling and cute....memories flooded back of Ginny and Michele at that age. Ana is into tumbling, and her cheer team won second place in the National Cheer Contest at Disney last fall. What a sweetie she is!
Sophie, who is 6, and I went on a walk through the neighborhood nature boardwalk which leads to Blackwater Creek. It is a stunningly beautiful walk that Sophie has made hundreds of times in her short life. In spite of her familiarity with the surroundings, she still notices small changes and pieces of beauty along the way. The last few walks we have had on the boardwalk, she has asked me "Grandma, do you know who made this garden?". I'ts God. He made all of this forest, all the flowers, all the bugs and the trees. Everything!" Sophie was concerned by the cans that some people had thrown off the boardwalk into the forest and we tried to think of a way to reach them, to no avail. I love that she appreciates nature and respects it too.
We enjoyed a goodbye dinner at Hurricane's and there was a face painting clown that Sophie loved. It was a great meal with superb company....our family. We are sad to leave them for awhile. I am so proud of them!
| Ana and Alex |
![]() |
| Sophie, with painted face and crazy look, with Ana and Alex |

No comments:
Post a Comment