Traveling with 2 dogs that had never been further than 10 miles from home has been interesting. They have done pretty well, especially with the barking. If you know us, you know that there is ALOT of barking when greeting people at the front door. The barking is still there at the front door, but it stops quicker. They are doing well with commands, but the "quiet" command still needs some work.
I was very worried that the dogs would be a bother to other Rv'ers but in fact, about 90 percent of Rv'ers travel with pets. We have seen cock-a toos, fish, cats and dogs and we have heard of people that travel with pot belly pigs (ugh!), lizards and snakes. Many people have multiple pets, and/or big dogs. Where we are right now there is a couple with a cat, a German Shepherd , a Corgi and a Jack Russell Terrier in a 36 foot RV. That a lot of shedding etc. to deal with.
The only problem we have had are with ticks on the dogs. Being in wooded areas, with many wild animals, I should have expected them. We check the dogs daily but those creatures freak me out. If I ever find one on me, I will need therapy.
Now giving the dogs a bath is another story. I tired to get in our tiny shower, with Willow, to bath her. I succeeded in nearly falling out of the shower.....Paul had to hold the door shut. In my haste to get the heck out of the shower, I forgot to totally shut the water off thus the next morning the bathroom was flooded because our holding tank was full and overflowing. The dog was clean but I will never be the same. I don't care how cold the water outside is, that is where the dogs bath will take place from now on. I also think that I now will deem dog bathing as "man's work".
Smudge loves all the new smells and creatures. He is always on alert. Willow is too proper to be bothered with anything but looking around. Good dog, Willow.
Outside the RV dealer in Tampa.
Most RV dealer/service waiting rooms are dog/pet friendly.
The dogs had just been groomed/sheared and were cold.....or so I thought. Paul says that's hog wash.
Cocktail hour one chilly evening. We were too lazy to start a bonfire.
Medicine to help adapt to traveling with dogs. (and spouse)
Smudges favorite place.....





No comments:
Post a Comment