I am reminded daily that we are in the soulful, serene southern part of our country. Polite manners everywhere…I admire being told "Yes Mam" and I am in wonder that there are more syllables in the southern words. How are kids in the south taught about syllables when words like "mile" become a "mi ell"?
And the more we have conversations with southerners, the more we talk like them. The southern drawl is contagious!
While the coach was being painted, we stayed at other accommodations. We found a wooded, pastural area with cabins, called Sleepy Hollow. The 4 cabins were nestled in the "holler", peaceful and pure. We could let the dogs off leash and we spent many hours walking the woods, Smudge peeing on every tree. How does he do that?
The cabin was heated with a gas stove that gave a warm, buttery glow all night long. We woke up to deer in the yard and a mist over the hollow. This is why we are living the way we are.


No comments:
Post a Comment