Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Over the hills and thru the woods….

Smudge loves the window view.
We left Red Bay, Alabama to work our way to Jacksonville for Christmas.  We traveled just about 150 miles to Talledega National Forest and Cheaha State Park.  In the park lies the highest point in Alabama,  2744 feet above sea level.  It was quite a climb to the campground which is at the top of the mountain.  Stunning views on the way up but I had to close my eyes at some of the drop offs.  No, I wasn't driving.
Mountains in Alabama….who knew?



Out our window.


Lovely hiking at Cheaha.

Then off we were to Adel, Georgia,  Reed Bingham State Park.  What a great park…serene and lots of trails and wildlife.
Baby Long Leaf Pine.

Timber rattler on trail.  Almost stepped on him but he was cold and not moving too fast.

Dang I need to lose weight!  I'll make this photo small.


On the road……In Georgia, they don't mince words.

1 comment:

  1. Not too sure I would be happy seeing a rattler! Safe travels to Jacksonville. Hope to see you after the holiday :)

    ReplyDelete