Along the New York, Pennsylvania border lies beautiful Allegany State Park. The park is huge with miles and miles of bike and walking trails. Lakes, streams, woods, pine forests, meadows, mountains, flat lands....it's got them all. It is one of those parks that I can envision families of the early 1900's enjoying a picnic, ladies in long skirts, men in suit shirts with their sleeves rolled up sitting on a blanket with a picnic basket of food.
The buildings of this park are old but beautifully kept, retaining their history and early days aura. Walk in fireplaces, single pane windows, knotty pine walls with high beam ceilings.
And the flora....just as I like it, wild and hardly manipulated by man. There is an alpine feel here with flowers small but prolific. Columbine everywhere and fields of wild phlox. I must, someday, live in a wooded area like this.
 |
| Can you see the deer? |
 |
| So serene. One of many lakes here. |
 |
| I'd hate clean these windows! But they are beautiful and I love that they are original to the lodge. |
 |
| Walking/bike path lined with wild phlox. I wish I could post the aroma. (Of the flowers, not of me and the dog.) |
 |
| Rosie the pig who lives in an RV with her human, and a dog and cat. She wears a cow bell and is very friendly. 175 pounds of pure love! |
 |
| Smudge and Rosie became friends. I think he is in love. Willow wouldn't get anywhere near Rosie. I think she thought " that is the fattest, ugliest schnauzer I have ever seen!". |
 |
| I love the bridge stone work. This photo was taken from an old covered bridge. |
No comments:
Post a Comment