We planned to meet friends, George and Laurie Owens at Jekyll Island. We met them at an invaluable seminar, RV Dreams, about how to live full time in an RV. They have been full-time for awhile and we just clicked. It was good to meet up with them.
(Laurie took many of these photos because I was too lazy to carry the good camera and she is a great photographer! Laurie, I owe you a mint julep!)
 |
| Driftwood Beach |
 |
| George being a taskmaster |
 |
| Bridge over the Brunswick River |
 |
| One of three flat tires in 24 hours. Thank goodness Paul knows how to fix them. |
 |
| A suspicious looking group of tourists. |
 |
| Historic building, one of many, on Jekyll. |
 |
So beautiful |
 |
| Horton tabby House. Tabby is a mixture of sea shells, lime and sand used for building in the 1700's. The wall were over a foot thick. I wonder what the R value was? |
 |
| Happy us! |
 |
| Great people! Laurie and George Owens. Laurie has a blog, "Owens on the Road" and she is a much better blogger (and photographer) than I am. |
 |
| Tourists |
 |
| Fishing pier |
 |
| Handsome guys Laurie and I picked up |
 |
| Miles and miles of bike trails. |
 |
| One of many views of the savannas near Jekyll |
 |
| Yum! Shrimp salad for me... |
 |
| Latitude's restaurant |
 |
| Such an interesting place. I would love for the grand kids to see this place. All types of turtles rescued with injuries anywhere from shark bites, to fishing line entanglement, to car running over the carapace. |
 |
| We could watch surgery on the turtles. I haven't been retired long enough to forget Tegaderm and Hemovacs! Yes, they use them on turtles! |
 |
| Flat number two |
 |
| WHAT!!!! No kissing! |
 |
| Dixie, aka Reba, the horse (inside joke) |
 |
| Interdenominational church built in early 1900 by J.P. Morgan. |
 |
| Lunch at the club. Cheeseburger and Plantation Punch. I could feel the punch on the 7 mile ride home! |
 |
| A bunch of tourists |
 |
| Ginormous snapdragons! |
 |
| Brunswick GA was a major ship building port during WWII |
 |
| An old boat, but still in service. I love the sea side! |
Next stop, Savannah GA and meeting up with Laurie and George again. Till next time, my friends.
What a lovely bunch of tourists! We are so glad that we are blessed to have friends like you guys :)
ReplyDelete